Smart Variant CON 2019 – Managing variety and reducing complexity
Smart Variant CON 2019 – The largest event for variant and complexity managers in D/A/CH
The Smart Variant CON 2019 – Complexity in the manufacturing sector:
The largest German-speaking industry event on product variance and complexity management goes into the 7th round!
Meet over 200 complexity, product, and R&D managers from the D/A/CH region. Discuss managing variance, viable methods for costing and reducing complexity, and solutions for efficient configuration.
The Smart Variant CON is the largest annual meeting of the German-speaking community in variant management.
Core topics at the Smart Variant CON
- Establishment of an integrated variant management concept: linking configuration management, product data management, common parts management, and product lifecycle management
- How can complexity costs be estimated as accurately and effectively as possible?
- How can internal and external complexity drivers influence complexity costs?
- How can the consequences of new product variants be estimated or calculated?
- Model-based estimation of complexity costs and efficient handling of variant diversity
- Cost transparency and analysis of optimization potential as the basis for holistic complexity management
- How can variant diversity and product complexity be mastered along the value chain?
- How companies can successfully master the pressure to innovate due to changing markets and new developments
- Reduce development, logistics, and production costs without overly restricting variant diversity and customized products
- How can a functioning balance between product diversity and manufacturability be achieved?
Other core topics at the Smart Variant CON
- Why classic approaches to strategy development in variant management are no longer effective and how companies can find new, effective approaches
- The challenge of variance and lifecycle: What kind of rethinking is required in the business units, in IT, and in management?
- Essential criteria and strategic approaches of innovative solutions: where are the challenges and how can they be overcome?
- Variability as a complexity driver in networked product and system development and manufacturing
- What drives complexity and how can complexity be quantified?
- How can needs-based customer understanding through rigorous analysis help better understand variant drivers in the portfolio?
- Effectiveness margins for modularization concepts and platform solutions between standard product and customized product
- How and with which tools and methods can variance be reliably calculated and planned? (Configurators, PDM- and PLM Systems, Knowledge Management Tools, Roadmapping, etc)
- How can variant management be effectively automated?
- How to develop suitable processes and interfaces between the involved areas of development, production, sales, product management
Interesting links to the event